Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nohut

 Here is the recipe I used :}




While on my trip to Turkey, I ate something like this (almost exactly) in Bursa. It was served with rice (pilav). It reminded me of food my Granny makes. mm mm mm!

I made this two days ago and it was very good!! Even my little girl liked it. I didnt get a picture of it though. But I have left overs...maybe I can still get a good pic....

On my first try making a recipe I like to do it just the way it says. I didnt use any meat, but I can imagine it with nice stew meat or some shredded chicken. Yum! I didnt put any spices in except pepper and salt. Next time I may add a LITTLE garlic...not much. And maybe something to give it a little heat. A chili or something. And, of course, next time I will use dry beans. Canned is ok, but real is always better!

I made Jasmine rice to go with it. Jasmine is my favorite! And a few pieces of soujouk and some cheese. Mad ate almost all my rice and soujouk! heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment